I am now a PhD candidate at the Multimedia Computing Group, Delft University of Technology, working with Dr. Julián Urbano and Prof. Alan Hanjalic. My primary research goal is to provide fast, accurate, satisfying, and convincing recommendations to people in need by creating novel methods and algorithms about user modeling, content analysis and collaborative filtering. I am particularly interested in the user fairness and application of deep learning in recommender systems.
I received my Master’s degree with cum laude from Tianjin University, China in 2017. My master thesis was about computer-aided diagnosis of breast cancer MR images, supervised by Prof. Wei Lu. Prior to that, I received my B.E. degree from Zhejiang University, China in 2014 under the supervision of Prof. Huimin Yu and Prof. Huiming Tang.
My up-to-date CV is available here.
- April 14, 2021. “New Insights into Metric Optimization for Ranking-based Recommendation” accepted to SIGIR 2021 as a full paper.
- October 16, 2020. “Leave No User Behind: Towards Improving the Utility of Recommender Systems for Non-mainstream Users” accepted to WSDM 2021.
- October 2 - October 7, 2018. I attented the 12th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys’18) in Vancouver, BC, Canana and presented my paper on the Doctoral Symposium.
- August 27 - August 31, 2018. I attended the 12th Russian Summer School in Information Retrieval (RuSSIR’18) and presented my preliminary results with a poster in Kazan, Russia.
- July 8, 2018. Doctoral symposium paper accepted by ACM Conference on Recommender Systems. See you in Vancouver!
- September 3, 2017. I started my PhD at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Netherlands.
- July 25 - August 3, 2017. I attended the 2017 Duke-Tsinghua Machine Learning Summer School – Deep Learning for Big Data in Kunshan, China.
- July 2017. I had a full research paper titled “Adaptive Ensemble Undersampling-Boost: a novel learning framework for imbalanced data” accepted by Journal of Systems and Software.
- March 2017. I had a full research paper titled “A novel computer-aided diagnosis system for breast MRI based on feature selection and ensemble learning” accepted by Computers in Biology and Medicine.
- February 2017. I joined Sensetime Group as an R&D intern in computational advertisement for the next 4 months.
- June 2017. I joined the National Laborotary of Pattern Recognition, China Academy of Sciences as a research intern in medical data mining for the next 3 months with 4 days per week.
- March 2017. I joined Toshiba Medical Systems China (now Canon Medical Systems） as an R&D intern in medical image algorithms for the next 6 months with 3 days per week.
- June 2017. I joined the National Laborotary of Pattern Recognition, China Academy of Sciences as a research intern in medical data mining for the next 3 months for 4 days per week.
- November 2015. I had a paper (in Chinese) titled “Application of machine learning algorithms in breast tumor detection” accepted by Computer Engineering and Science.
During my leisure time, I love traveling and experiencing this amazing world. Up till now I have been to 14 different countries and this number will keep improving. I am also a good badminton and table tennis player. Besides, I am a hardcore fan of Manchester United for more than 20 years. Glory Glory Man United!